An oil & gas equipment mechanic works in a wide range of different industries such as military and commercial shipping, oil and gas extraction, energy production, aviation and many other industries. These jobs often require travel on a local, regional and international scale. Oil and gas equipment technicians are very skilled in installing, maintaining, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on several different types of equipment such as turbines, compressors, engine, and many other types of machinery. They also have a strong working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and instrumentation systems and the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain and repair all manner of oil and gas equipment.
Qualifications for Oil & Gas Equipment Mechanic Jobs
- Several years of power plant or gas turbine maintenance experience.
- Extensive experience with rotating equipment and PLC systems.
- Safety and fire training.
- Working familiarity with driven equipment both upstream and downstream and control system logic.
- Years of previous experience working on offshore oil platforms and/or naval or maritime environments.
- Certification in a specific area of heavy-duty equipment repair such as brakes, electrical systems, or suspension and steering.
If you’re an employer seeking a highly qualified oil and gas equipment mechanic, Mechanics Hub staffing services are the industry leader in time-critical placements of skilled, reliable and qualified candidates. If you’re an oil and gas equipment mechanic intrigued by the challenges and professional growth of a new position, browse our job listings and submit your resume today!
Oil & Gas jobs
Mississauga - Ontario, Canada
Memphis - Tennessee, United States
Toronto - Ontario, Canada
London - Ontario, Canada
Salina - Kansas, United States
Colby - Kansas, United States
Cinnaminson - New Jersey, United States
East Chicago - Indiana, United States
Upper Darby - Pennsylvania, United States
Friendswood - Texas, United States
King Of Prussia - Pennsylvania, United States
Ogden - Utah, United States
North Charleston - South Carolina, United States
Columbia - South Carolina, United States
Raleigh - North Carolina, United States
Concord - North Carolina, United States
Peterborough - Ontario, Canada
Nanaimo - British Columbia, Canada
Hanover - Maryland, United States
San Francisco - California, United States