Arbor Solutions has placed the first order to put rugged tablets on 200 of its forklifts. Arbor’s Gladius G0975 rugged tablets will be used to help with directing the driver while simultaneously doing picks in the facility.
“After successful field testing in a hot, southwest location this summer, Arbor’s Gladius G0975 and dock qualified at a fraction of the cost of competing products,” said Brian Yurkiw, vice president of Arbor Solution. “In addition to satisfying all of the technical requirements at a low cost, Arbor was chosen because of its U.S.-based service, and its ability to create a system that easily integrated with the customer’s existing IT infrastructure.”
The G0975 tablet offers durable mobility that is MIL-STD-810G certified for vibration and drop. It can endure a fall of up to 4-feet, withstand shocks, and has a dust and water-resistant shell. It can handle all of the elements that are commonly found in a factory environment. The tablet interfaces with a unique barcode scanner, which gathers information on inventory quantities as well as what is being collected and dispatched.
- 7” XGA IPS LED display with Projected Capacitive Touch
- High computing performance from Intel® Quad Core Celeron®
- Fully rugged for mobile POS or warehousing application
- Storage up to 512GB
- Meeting MIL-STD-810G, IP65, 4 ft. drop resistance
- HDMI, SD, USB, and mini USB ports
- High mobility, multiple connectivity (Bluetooth/WLAN)
- HD graphics
- Adopting Multi-Touch Screen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- Supporting external battery with battery cover and internal battery
- Providing four function keys and home key
While it’s built for commercial and industrial use, its sleek and professional style makes it an unrivaled product. It comes in two versions, the G0975 has a standard display, starting at $1,118, and the sunlight version has an MSRP beginning at $1,335. The tablet can be purchased via resellers in Canada and the U.S.A.