Genie Boom lift

Mechanics Hub Forums Material Handling Boom Lifts Genie Boom lift

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ONU MICHAEL 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ben
    Participant

Just lookin for a new direction! Ive got a Genie lift with a Ford gas engine. Starts and shortly stops. Codes keep changing, changed fuel pump/filter, went through grounds da da da. Wondering, has anyone had a problem with these lifts or something similar? Any suggestions appreciated. I dont normally deal with these !

#28100 Reply

Ron Mellor

More info:
    after starting from consul does it die as soon as you switch to remote?
    How old, carberated or FI. external coil, Duel fuel ect?
    hydraulic oil level up?
    how long does it run before stalling?
    if it does drive a short distance does it stall sooner than just idling?

#28101 Reply

Ben
    Participant

Dies before switching. Fuel injected , external coil, hyd oil full. It fires up an dies within seconds, 2010 model. Its a z45/25. DRG423 engine. Codes 262 main code for “low fuel pressure voltage” Thanks for any suggestions ! Much appreciate!

#28102 Reply

Ben
    Participant

worked on one that was like that, needed updated ecm and wiring.

#28103 Reply

Ben
    Participant

I was leaning towards a new harness but hesitating, Once I get back at her I’ll keep ya posted!

#28108 Reply

Ron Mellor

before popping for a new harness, check the resistance in the harness from the ECM to the fuel pressure transducer. Also, check the transducer for resistance and ground.

#28179 Reply

Ben
    Participant

RonM. You are the man !
    Finally got back to the machine and sure enough. I was loosing the ground when cranking which threw me off (PWM), and found abnormal values at the Gasoline Sender Interface AKA transducer. This unit was down for quite a while and now back in action,
    Thanks !

#47510 Reply

Alireza Moghadam

Any suggestion for buying new articulating boom lift?

#48839 Reply

ONU MICHAEL

i have a Z45-25 Genie lift, i just had to change the front Torque Hub on it. but days later i noticed a leak and removed the hub again to notice the face cracked(top). can someone help to know why/how this happened

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Genie Boom lift
Your information: