ISX blowby issue

Mechanics Hub Forums Diesel Engines Cummins ISX blowby issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  costan petrica 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I need some help here. Has anybody run into excessive blowby on a 06 cummins ISX, but it only happens some times. The engine runs strong and has good power. Installed a new egr cooler 2 months ago. The truck will do fine for about 7000 mi the have a day or 2 of the blowby issue. Any thoughts or comments would be helpful.

#28073 Reply

Scottie

i think this year model has the crankcase filter on the front left side of the engine, they stop up and cause high blow-by. that would be my first check.

#28075 Reply

Thanks for the advise, I did change the blowby filter and no change. We ended up finding 3 top rings that were broken. I have never seen a engine with broken rings act this way.

#28084 Reply

Ben
    Participant

Cool. Did she blow the dipstick outta her?
    Ive heard of this happening to CAT engines with either the dipstick or oil cap blowing off…Never to be found lol

#29344 Reply

For everyone who want all details about this engine, I recommend you the repair manual because there you will find anything you want to fix it!
    You can download it from here: https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/274369917-cummins-signature-isx-and-qsx15-factory-manual
    Will help you a lot !
    Best regards

#29352 Reply

Thank you very much albertwhitez for sharing this! That is the software for Cummins and is perfect for DIY procedures! Bless you

#51645 Reply

Mike Bridge

Hey guys I’m looking for some help on an 06 isx it’s eating about a gallon Of oil every 1,500miles and I also noticed some oil drops exhaust side of the turbo. I do run it hard 650 miles daily with a 35 ton load. I wanna know if that’s too much oil consumption

#51646 Reply

Mike Bridge

Hey Larry which rings were broken?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: ISX blowby issue
Your information: