Mobile cranes – espicially rough terrain and crawlers

Mechanics Hub Forums Cranes Other Mobile cranes – espicially rough terrain and crawlers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ben 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ben
    Participant

Is anyone here interested in rough terrain and crawler cranes?

I am new to the crane business, and eager to find out what is going on out there. I’m especially interested in hearing about infrastructure projects and mining.

Toronto seems to be dominated by tower cranes building condos, and crawlers doing foundation work.

#28698 Reply

what type of work do you do in the crane business

#28699 Reply

Ben
    Participant

I am a mobile crane Salesman. 40, 65 and 80 ton rough terrain cranes; and crawler cranes, 100 tons and up. It’s a new (to North America) line of cranes from SANY; so I am doing a LOT of prospecting and missionary work. I love it though – I’ve always worked with “big iron” in the air compressor business – and this is big iron that moves!!

#28700 Reply

Ben
    Participant

Most of the foundation work in toronto is being done by mobile drills (Bauer, casagrande, liebherr ect…) mobile cranes would be doing lifting only work as we can no longer use impact or vibratory hammers due to the damage they inflict on existing infrastructure. Of course tower cranes dominate the city scape with so many new condos being built. RT’s seem less common on the job sites, however they are out there. there is a huge amount of mining (tunneling) going on in T.O. at the moment but most of those company’s already own their own cranes and with McNally looking like its about to shut down I would suspect their fleet will be up at Richie Bros in the near future… seems like construction is booming at the moment and doesn’t look to be slowing down any time soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Mobile cranes – espicially rough terrain and crawlers
Your information: