T444E CRANKS, BUT NO START

Mechanics Hub Forums Bus & Coach Other T444E CRANKS, BUT NO START

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Daran William Moghadam 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello, we have a 97′ International Blue Bird with a T444E 7.3 DIESEL, Came in as a no start. Checked oil pressure 2200 PSI, FUEL PRESSURE during cranking 45psi. Will start on ether, but continued use will cuase it to backfire. replaced fuel filters, no change. Removed HPOP lines and found clean oil inside HPOP, but rest of oil is black. Oil reservoir is full. Rechecked Oil pressure and found it does climb to 2200psi, but then falls off. Thank you in advance

#28182 Reply

I have run into this problem with the 7.3L in Fords, and it is caused by weak injectors. If when cranking the unit there is a ton of white smoke pouring out the exhaust it is the engine not getting enough fuel, and since fuel pressure is at 45 psi the only other cause is injectors, usually if it its low oil pressure an ipr unable to build pressure during crank code would be present. I hope his helps.

#28183 Reply

On the 444, where the high pressure oil lines go into the cylinder head, is a fitting, that has a small screen in that fitting. I have seen them get clogged up, and cause the same problem. It is a fast check, and easy to clean. Hopefully that is your problem

#28186 Reply

Jim Owen

That was a good question: what did you see for smoke?

If there was no smoke while cranking, you need to ask if the electronics are doing their job.

If there was no smoke, that should tell you that the injectors are not being energized by the computer. You may need the proper scan tool to perform the injector buzz test to confirm that the signals are there to fire the injectors. When all the injectors that seem to fail to fire, I would think it is an electronic or computer problem.

HUEI injection systems are not easy. While the IH and Ford HUEI systems are different, this site may help: http://powerstrokehelp.com/

By the way, using ether on these systems is definitely a bad idea.

#28207 Reply

Ben
    Participant

Hi there did you figure out? Let us know what was the problem. All the best.

#28246 Reply

Jersey joe

Hi Did you check for codes ? A bad CAM Sensor will cause a no start.

#51134 Reply

Daran William Moghadam

trouvble codes 612,622,532 ipr or can sensor i replaced the cam sensor would it go bad in week, noticed after installing the cam sensor it ran good but thenext day took a long time to warm uup then ran good , now it just won;t start put starter fliud in and it starts and dies, flash code 532 is that a bad ipr sensor?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: T444E CRANKS, BUT NO START
Your information: