Thomas School Buses

Mechanics Hub Forums Bus & Coach Thomas Thomas School Buses

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  steve 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

John Whelan
    Participant

Our heaters just keep the coolant luke warm enough to accelerate engine warm up. Interesting about the upgrades to a higher BTU. something to consider.

#29114 Reply

Definitly would spec the Scholastic series 45,00BTU. I believe Proheat offers equal version

#44944 Reply

Scott

I have a 2009 C2 Safe T Liner that Has a water intrusion problem dripping under the dash by drivers feet. I already have sealed all the lights with rubberized caulk. It has already ruined the radio ( replaced ) and now have an issue with no power to lower center dash panel Student lights and master switch cluster. Any solutions ?

#45556 Reply

Ty

I drive a Thomas 2005 With the Cat EFCj 7210 The check engine light comes on most of the time on route, and top speed is 45 mostly can get more with a tail wind and down hill. If the light stays out it runs great, but that only happens periodically. What is the diagnosis, can’t seem to read it with a scan tool and the ECM switch is of no help. Thanks for any help you can give.

#48785 Reply

steve

We have a couple of mini busses. G.M.C. savannas 3500 with dual heat. replaced heater cores twice. Blew out all lines still heat is poor. We’ve noticed that the heat starts out good but while driving it goes to barly warm. we have to blow out the heater core because it seems to be clogged up the water pressure doesn’t go through at first but when we reverse direction it frees up and now we can flush it in both directions but you never see any debris coming out of the core. it’s an aftermarket core we may try a factory core do you folks have any input /experience with this kind of problem Thanks Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Thomas School Buses
Your information: