VOLVO EC140CL

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  William Tanton 3 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Cassandra

Recently sunk the front end of our excavator in a creek, up to the electronics concole and seat! Computer fully emersed. have taken the computer out, apart and are trying to dry it. this is a firly new machine and there was still white grease in the computer box when we took it apart: will taking it apart work? drying it out and taking it apart and trying it? Are there any other suggestions?

#28718 Reply

Cassandra; That sucks, we had a customer that sunk a Daewoo 220LL excavator upto the seat and the Epos controller was dried and saved for years. could try the rice trick, bury it in uncooked rice for a few days then clean with dry air and cross your fingers?? Good luck.

#28719 Reply

Cassandra

We JUST purchased a large bag of rice! thank you! I have also read that cat litter with Silica works even better, takes less time and doesnt leave that messy carbohydrate dust IN the panel…??

Fingers…and toes…definitely crossed! 🙂

#28721 Reply

Hey Cassandra do you still have your fingers and toes crossed or are you having rice for lunch after running your 140? :silly:

#28722 Reply

Cassandra

Man! that made me laff! yes! all the mechanics rec’d a raise: an extra bowl of rice LOL tech from Volvo here today replacing and testing all 3 computers unfortunately:

bag of rice: 10.99
    3 new computers 12,000.00
    operator hanging his head in shame: Priceless

#28723 Reply

Cassandra;
    That is to bad, wow that baby really is sunk betcha that was fun to clean out?? Any fish with that rice?? 😛 The operator will have to go on comp soon from a sore neck from hanging his head. lol. I will remem the cat litter with silica though thanks, unused litter prob best eh! :huh:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: VOLVO EC140CL
Your information: