Just as there are some things you should never say to your mechanic, there are a few things that will instantly put him in a better mood. (Hint: You want your mechanic to be in a good mood.)
10. So, what do I owe you for that?
9. There’s nothing wrong with my car, but I thought you fellows might enjoy these donuts on your coffee break.
8. There’s nothing wrong with my car, but I thought you might appreciate this small contribution to the “Old mechanics benevolent fund.”
7. What do you drink?
6. This is what the car was doing when it happened.
5. Call me when it’s ready.
4. If I’ve given you all the information you need, I’ll go away and let you get to work, call me when it’s ready.
2. Fix it like it was your Mom driving it. Call me if the cost gets to a zillion bucks.
1. Here, take this money, please.